Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Life on a Tuesday: No make up or shower needed

Yesterday Kurt and I and our girls were invited to our friend Carol's for dinner.

As anybody who has young children knows, getting us all (including ourselves) up and out can be quite a feat.

Mind you, it was a beautiful, but humid day. As the girls and I went to the new playground around the corner, it was my delight to be asked to be the chaser for tag.  I was all in!  As I took my "tag job" seriously and chased the older, faster girls up and down, around and around, I found myself quickly out of breath.  Exhausted a few minutes later,  I found myself longing for a cold shower.  Well, that didn't happen and each time as I was hot and sweating throughout the day, I thought oh how lovely it would be to take a shower....sometime!  Well, that never came to pass.

So, as our evening plans unfolded, we, of course, we're running a bit late.  No shower was taken nor make up was put on. 

YIKES, right!?! 

But here's the sweetness in all of this, NONE was needed.

We were invited to a good friend's house for dinner and she's just one of those people where nothing is needed.

You can just come and be.

And so, that's what I did! Unabashedly.  I think I did put some deordorant on, just for preventive measures!  :)

Carol is one of those people who is such a delight and makes us feel right at home. 

We can come and just kick back - no make  up, no pretenses, nothing is needed. 


I found myself extra grateful and truly relaxed, enjoying the sweet gift of her friendship. And all of this without make up or a shower.  

Now that's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment