Monday, June 22, 2015

It's Always Her

It's always her. 

Ok, not always, but it's often her.  

I know you're thinking it's bad and I'm blaming her.  Nope.

When we both are in a funk or unhappy about something or at odds, there's that weird tension, that unsettled mist hanging in the air.  It just takes one of us to pull down the wall.  

So when we are in those moody moments with something between us, it feels awful.  I can't focus well.  I feel frustrated as I'm running through the "should have said-s" and "will say-s."    

Then she says, "We'll be all right."  

Or, "We're in this together."  

Or simply, "I love you."

Like the walls of Jericho, the defenses go down.  Suddenly the day is brighter, my heart is lighter, and I can feel air underneath my feet again.

I'm trying to get better at being the one that takes that step.  I've had a few breakthroughs, but Beth is the queen in this arena and I love her for it.


So, next time there's that weird air around you and your main squeeze, let's you and I be the one to push out those wall-dropping words.

No comments:

Post a Comment