Monday, April 6, 2015

Mondays with the Maechners: Happiness in a Piggy Bank

Quiet.

Space.

I love this.  I often feel like I don't have enough of this in my life.

The other day, a dear friend, popped by and dropped off sweet little Easter gifts for our girls,  cute little matching dresses she just happened to find!  But more, she didn't want to leave us out, so I got a cute summer top and fun platter, but Kurt received a piggy bank.  

A piggy bank?

A little odd, right?

Well, there was a handwritten inscription of the top and it said "Our Weekend Away Fund".  Cindi said that if we put our loose change in it, by the time we fill it up, she thought we could easily save up $100.  I was thinking that could at least cover us for a one night stay somewhere!  Let's do this!!

In order to get some of that needed extra quiet and space in our lives, we have to plan for it.  So many other things compete for our time and attention, especially our lovely children.  

I love that we try to be intentional with stepping away.  I'm such a happier woman, friend, and lover when we do!  


Clink.



-beth

No comments:

Post a Comment