Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Little Love Goes a Long, Long Way

Making a bed.  Not hard right.  But it takes time and normally my man makes it every morning.  I
once heard that if you simply make your bed, then 90% of your bedroom is cleaned up!  Don't you love that!  Anything to make our bedroom a little sweeter!

So, this a.m., as I stumbled out of bed, I thought about how thankful I am that 99.9% of the time Kurt makes the bed.  And I knew that this a.m. he needed to get to work a little earlier (or at least leave on time - getting out of the house can be challenging when our lovely little ladies start waking up.  Everyone wants extra snuggles and hugs from their Daddy)  Kurt actually communicated that to me.  So, I knew that it was on his mind to be on time.  


So, instead....I made the bed this morning.  No grand feat, really.  I didn't hear any angels singing, but I was happier.  Why?  It was a small gesture to say, "Hey.  I'm thinking of you.  I want to do this so you don't have to.  I love you."  I think it's often in those little things, our love and appreciation is shown in big ways. 

-beth

No comments:

Post a Comment