Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Life on a Tuesday: Lovely Ladies

As the Easter Day was coming to a close, and Kurt and I were finally in bed heading into the delightful dream world, I asked my man about his favorite part of the day.

Thankfully, he was still awake, and what he shared with me I don't think I'll ever forget.

He said that he loved seeing our girls all fancy in their Easter dresses.  But not only that, he said that he really loved telling them how lovely they looked.  

How lovely they looked.

Wow.

He continued to tell me that he hoped these small deposits will build into our girls greater confidence and security that they indeed are very loved.

He spoke life into them.

One of our family's
favorite hip hop singer/artists dudes is Toby Mac.  He has this song called "Speak Life."  He sings about how everyday we have a choice to either encourage or discourage through the words we speak. 


It seems so simple, but the impact of our words goes beyond anything we can imagine.  

1 comment: