Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Sweetness of Hospitality

A few nights ago, we had invited some people over to chat up married life stuff.  We love to do that kind of thing and well...that's what we do!  

I admitted to Kurt that I was kinda tired at the end of the week - didn't really want to go to the store, make dinner, clean the house, and so on.  I wondered if maybe instead of hosting, we could go out for dinner instead.

Kurt's response:  "Ummmm.....ok!! Sure, babe!" (Secretly, I think he was doing jumping jacks out of
happiness)  lol!  :)

So, as it turns out two of the couples couldn't make it, so it ended up just being us and one other couple.

Here's the best part.  

When I called and talked to the wife and suggested going out, she instead graciously offered her place and her delicious cooking.

"WOW!! Really?! I don't want you to be stressed at all," I said.

"Nope, I got this!  We'd love to have you over here,"  she responded.

Me:  Are you sure?!  Well....ummmmmmm......ok!  (and I was secretly doing jumping jacks now too!)

Wow, what a blessing! To be able to receive such gracious hospitality was such a gift to us.  We enjoyed the evening that much more.  

So, if you have been doing a lot of giving to others, be crazy and try something (even ask-eek!) where you can just take a back seat.


Or, if you have been on the receiving end of a lot of other people's hospitality, consider flipping it for fun and invite them to come and enjoy some time at your place.

No comments:

Post a Comment