Sunday, December 20, 2015

Give the gift of words in your bedroom

We're constantly telling our kids to "use your words"  and "tell us what you want" instead of trying to imply their wants through whining, crying, or pouting.

The same is true for adults in the bedroom.


How many times have you thought things like this:


I love when she does that.  I wish she would do it again.
I wish she would wear something different when we make love.
I wish he would start touching there instead of there.
I love that!  Oh, don't stop.  Why did she stop?
I love his cologne.  Why doesn't he wear it when we have sex?

We think so many things, but like our kids, we hope our spouse will just 'get it.'  Try to give your spouse the gift of words: Tell her, tell him what you'd really like.

You might be wondering: how is that a gift when I'm asking for something I want for me?

This is how love works: when we know how to bring satisfaction and pleasure to someone, we love to do it.  The frustration comes when we're trying to give love but it doesn't seem to be working.

So, share what you want and, this is crucial, explain what it provides for you.  Tell how what you're asking for would make you feel or how it would motivate you.

For example: When you wear lingerie it makes me feel like a man and that you desire me.
   or    When you light candles it makes me feel more romantic and less inhibited.

This is a gift that you give to the both of you.  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment