Monday, August 17, 2015

The more men I meet, the more I love my dog

The other day, I saw a bumper sticker that read:

The more men I meet
The more I love my dog

It's a chuckler, but then it just makes you sad.

You know what the appeal of a dog is?  Simplicity.

Men are not simple.  Women are not simple.

We are whole histories, DNAs, family-backgrounds, habits, senses of humor, moods, needs, hopes, desires, passions, annoyances, quirks, weaknesses, and glories.

If you are married, step back for a moment and take in the immense privilege it is to share in one person's whole world.

Privileges are not always easy or simple, but we consider them an honor because of the immense value of the work.

The privilege of blessing one other person's universe is, from an earth-perspective, taxing, but from the heavenly perspective, a glory to which few other life experiences can compare.

Let's all of us try to remind ourselves of that glory.

Or I guess you can get a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment