Saturday, August 22, 2015

Crabbypants and making up

So, I was in a major funk!  Tired, stressed, overwhelmed with my insane "to-do" list - you get the
picture!  In our home, we affectionately call this "Mrs. Crabbypants".  So, as I marched around with my not so cute pants on, guess who I took it out on?!

No, we don't have a dog! ( all of our girls wished we did!)  lol!

Instead, my man received the full vomit of my state of being.  

Yikes!  

It was not pretty!

But I got it and well...I felt a little better.  but I decided what I most needed was a little space and some rest.

So, I took a nap.  

WOW!  That really helped.  But what was interesting, was I soon found out that the crabby pants had switched people.  My man was super frustrated and as we sat down to chat, he vented.  

He was super frustrated with none other than yours truly!

Me?  How could that be?

So, as we continued to chat, I realized a couple of things: one, I saw my high expectations show it's ugly head...again; two, I realized that I hadn't communicated clearly before to my man, so he thought I was disappointed in him, our summer, what we had accomplished ( or not!) .etc. and I clearly wasn't, so it meant that I needed to clarify more clearly; three, it made me super thankful for my man who is willing to be crazy real and go there with me.

Whew...

So, how did it all end?

After a few tears ( it's what we do as women!) and more conversation, we asked each other what we needed from each other.  (this has become our favorite question lately!)  

I shared that I needed time and space to work on some of the things I had struggled to write down on my "to do" list. Kurt happily said he would watch the kiddos the rest of the day, so I could get that.

Sigh!

A couple hours later, I was in a much better place emotionally, mentally, physically..etc.

So, yes it was a super hard couple of hours for me and well....us!  But, it's in those harder moments, that we have the potential to open up, share the junk and be safe with the one who cherishes us.  Yet, it's risky and often I want to put up those walls, pull away, be independent, instead of letting my sweet man in.

Ugh.

Still so much growth that has to happen.

But at the end of the day, Kurt and I were more connected and those crabbypants were no where to find!

Somewhere we had read that "make-up intimacy" is pretty sweet, so we thought it was just the perfect time to see how true that was?  

And well.... it most definitely was!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment