Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How to transform Miss Cranky Pants

Mia, our oldest daughter loves to decorate.  She loves to organize, put things in order and decorate.  

This morning, though, our little decorator woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  We affectionately call this wearing your "cranky pants".  

So little Miss Cranky Pants was out of sorts.  

Ugh!  I didn't have time for this.  Friends were coming over for brunch and I hadn't even started prepping the food.  Kurt, being the wonderful son that he is, was taking his parents to the airport which left me on duty. Thankfully, he had our youngest and most wild child with him.  So, it was time to get things into action and I had Miss Cranky Pants first to deal with.  

Ugh again. 


I called the girls into a huddle.  

"Ok, here's the deal," I explained.  "Mommy really doesn't wasn't be a freak show.  I really need your help."  Then I asked Stella to pray and we got to work. 

Mia and I got some cute turquoise mason jars and cut some of the fragrant and beautiful lilac that is blooming in the front yard right now.  

What was really interesting is that I saw Mia change from cranky pants to happypants as she was doing something she loved ...decorating. 

She seemed to come to life!  Her creative juices were flowing as she made the cute little bouquets.  She was happy.  All because of some time doing something she loved.  It was fun to watch her set these little vases around the house and the fun turquoise ones to add beauty to the patio table. 

Doing something you love...it makes you happy.

CrankyPants = not fun to around

Happy pants = a joy to be around

Bottom line:  It's a choice.  We get to decide.  Doing something you love might just give you what you need to cross over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment