Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wedding Planning and Stress


Wedding planning...can you just feel yourself relaxing?  

Ha!

I just read a chapter in Shauna Niequeist's book Bittersweet about the importance of stepping away.  

Just being.  

Unplugging.   

Stopping the external noise to just ….be.  

Be with those you love.  

Truly be present with those you cherish.  

I so struggle with being present.  My internal radar seems to always be going off.  Need to throw in another load of laundry.  What needs to be prepped for dinner?  What time is it?  Shoot!  Naptime is almost over!  But in all of that, the book reminded me of the importance of getting away. 

Kurt and I need those moments in our life and marriage.  We have learned that if we work to help each other get those breaks, we are both better for each other. 

I suspect you might need one of the moments in the midst of wedding planning.  

Take it.  Don't give up the beautiful person your fiancee proposed to for the sake of one more wedding detail.  Get some peace, breathe, listen to great music, read, pray, whatever.  You'll be better for it and your spouse-to-be will thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment