Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Help! A Moody Woman!


So, today, my wife got up late, feels tired, has a sprained ankle, and feels behind on laundry.  Needless to say, she was not a happy camper.

What do you do when your girl is in a mood?





Tell her to cheer up...X

Give her space...X

Change the subject...X

These are common male responses.  The middle one in particular is really good for us.  When we're bothered we need space before we can engage.  We don't want someone to ask us questions and probe our thoughts right away.  Eek!

But your girl is different.

So, today, I prayed in the car before I came home for strength.  I entered the house with joy and was greeted with a low-toned "hi."  I responded with, "Where's my sweet, amazing mom, teacher, wife, & lover?!"  And proceeded to give her a nice, long hug.  Then...I let her share.

Guess what?  After a while she rose out of the well.

It's not a formula, but the heart is there.  Try it next time.

-Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment