Saturday, October 3, 2015

How in the world does she get turned on?

So, the other day I was playing guitar and singing in the basement trying to learn a new song.  I lead the singing/worship time at Lutheran West High School each Thursday.  With our many lovely daughters I don't usually have time to play guitar at home, but since I was trying to figure out a new tune I had to spend a little time fiddling around.

Here's where it got interesting.  Beth walked by.  Now, she's always been great about complimenting me, but this time she did something a little different.  She remarked, "Your playing really turns me on" and then proceeded to give me one of "those" kisses.  At that point, I could have leaped tall buildings in a single bound.

Why was this such a big deal?

Early in our marriage I was really confused about what would turn Beth on.  It was very easy for her to get my engines going, but when I did the same things for her they didn't work.  Over time I discovered that things that I perceive as being non-sexual, were very sexy to her...like just playing my guitar and singing, making decisions for us, or helping her accomplish a house project she's really wanted to see happen.

So, to us guys: play detective.  Begin to find out what things turn her on.  You'll probably have to really study this one because they make so little sense to our male brains.

To the ladies: tell us what turns you on!  I never, ever would have guessed that just sitting there trying to learn a new song was a turn on!  I'm so glad Beth didn't just say, "sounds good," but instead let me know that it revved her engines.  Not only did that make me desire her, but it also filled something deep inside of me.  Women want to feel desirable, and most of us know this.  But men also need to feel desired.

In the words of a great relationship expert, "Women are so busy trying to feel attractive to men, that we completely miss how much men need to feel attractive to us."

No comments:

Post a Comment