Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Queen's Code: Where a man can be vulnerable

For those of you joining us for the first time, we are discussing key ideas about intimacy discussed in the book the Queen's Code by Alison Armstrong.

Are you ready?  Ok, here we go again!  :)  (I love that we're doing this together!!). Here's the next quote from Ch. 5 which I thought was again super insightful!  

(Just to set the scene, Mike, a married 30-something, is talking to Claudia, a friend who is the mentor role in this situation.  Mike's wife, Karen, is sitting next to him as the conversation expands.  Last week we talked about the idea of finding of what physical intimacy provides for each spouse.  Here is Mike expounding on this topic.)

“Mike continued, “I can’t prove it but I’d swear intercourse supplies essential nutrients that can’t be found in any food or beverage. It gives me the fuel to be a man; to be protective and to provide for Karen. Without it, I am inevitably emasculated.”

“Emotionally, sex is the one time — besides watching a great race — when I can let go.” He took Karen’s hand. “I don’t have to be careful or conceal myself. I’m not on guard. I can be vulnerable and it’s okay.”

He looked directly at Karen, “When these small, soft hands touch my shoulders, my back, my face, I’m moved beyond words.”

WOW!!  Now I know this is just a book, but still a man sharing what intimacy provides for him is quite revealing!  Just for fun, I thought we'd make a list to see what sex provides for Mike (and well, men, in general). Maybe you can casually throw this by your man to see if the same might be true for him!  I'm almost positive this is a conversation that he'd love to be a part of !!  ;)

What Intimacy Provides for a Man:
- literally feels more healthy
- gives him the energy to be a man
- helps him provide for his wife
- encourages him to be the protector for his wife
- can let go emotionally
- not on guard
- can be vulnerable and it's ok!  It's safe!
- fine to be himself, not conceal

I'm curious of what you found interesting or new to you.  And then the big kicker, would be, to step up and ask your man!  Maybe it is very different?  Wouldn't it be so insightful to know?  

Thanks again for doing this journey together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment