Monday, March 7, 2016

"If you're good with kids you become so much more attractive."

I asked a group of female high school students: What is one thing you wish guys knew about girls?

One response: "If you're good with kids you become so much more attractive."

This is something that confused me for so long.  From a guy's perspective a girl is attractive to him by looking good.  Cute heels, a nice outfit, bouncy hair, whatever.  It's not all about physical stuff, but it's a lot!

As a guy, I understood this very well, but it confused me that it didn't work in reverse for my wife.  She, of course, is attracted to physical things too, but it's importance is so low on the list.  Even writing it makes me realize just how different of a species women are from men!

Attractiveness for women, on the other hands, seems to arise from things that I would not deem directly sexual or even directly romantic (as I see it anyway).

One of these means is what this teen wrote above: being good with kids.  I have seen this weird phenomenon in my own life that when I'm playing with our kids or having fun with them, this somehow translates to "hot" to her.

So, gentlemen, let's remember that being "Daddy" also translates, for your woman, to being her "Lover."

No comments:

Post a Comment