Monday, January 11, 2016

Looking at your calendar together is SOO romantic! :)

There’s an email we get every morning:  it’s called the Generous Wife (I know Kurt has mentioned the Generous Husband on his posts).  They are a couple who write daily about how to make relationships work better with the opposite sex. 

Sometimes I read them, sometimes I don’t.  But usually when I do, I find gems.  I’ve decided to post one of her latest posts.  It’s simple, but it’s encouraging and something Kurt and I try to do – be intentional with our marriage by checking in with each other.  We actually did this yesterday!  J  It really does help the rest of the week run better and then we schedule in the things that really count! 



My husband and I try to check in with each other fairly frequently over events, appointments, and such. Aside from the gift of fewer conflicts, it’s just nice to communicate and be on the same page.

Why not schedule a regular time to connect with your husband and talk through your week. Perhaps at the breakfast table or at a local coffee house on Sunday afternoon. Your week will run smoother, you’ll know how to pray for each other, and you’ll get in a little couple time too.  :)


"The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities."  Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment