Monday, November 30, 2015

Remembering what you learned


It's funny, we had some friends over the other night and they asked about the marriage conference we
went to in the summer.  Kurt and I looked at each other and said "It was AMAZING!" 

And as we tried to tell them why it was so amazing, we...remembered a couple of things...but oh my goodness...It was like we had forgotten most of the material we had previously said was so life-changing. 

And that was just a couple of months ago!  So, as I pull out my journal with all my notes from the conference, I'm reminded of how easily things slip my mind and I have to go back and refresh my mind and my heart of the key pieces that were so encouraging and helped me make more sense of me and my man!  

So, a question for all of us is this: do we remember the things that at one point made such an impact on our marriage?  Is it maybe time to recall those?  Maybe it's time to write them down or find those old notes and put them in a place we can see them regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment