Saturday, November 14, 2015

Are you a good kisser?

You probably think I'm going to help you answer the title, don't you?  Sorry!

Here's the story behind the title:

So...my wife and I had our very first kiss in a very public way: our wedding day.

I know, you think we're really strange.  Well, we were, but we're not offended!  Beth and I had both done our share of making out with previous boyfriends and girlfriends, but by the time we met, we had committed to going slow physically with our next significant other.

As a teacher, I often share the story of how Beth and I met.  It's a way for students to distract me in class.  Whenever the kissing part of our story comes up, there's nearly always a students who asks: "But what if you found out she was a bad kisser?!!"

Of course, I explain that there are a few more important items on what makes or breaks a marriage, but I also explain that kissing, like all things physical simply gets better with time and experience.  Thankfully, marriage provides both of these.

So, here's the question: how are you doing physically in your spouse's opinion?  Does your wife like how and when you kiss or how and when you touch her?  Does your husband like the way you touch and kiss him?

This seems very risky to ask.  It is.  I admit, it took Beth and I a long time before we could discuss these things without feeling offended when a suggestion was offered, but I'm so glad we have!  Beth has given me invaluable information about specifically when somethings feel good to her.  I had no idea that doing the same thing at a different time is the difference between annoying and a turn-on!

The key here is: make it low pressure, loving, encouraging, and positive.  Sandwich a suggestion with several positives.  Also, make sure you both get to share what you need, need differently, or just don't like.  That way you're in it together.

It's a challenge, but improving your love life is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment