Saturday, November 21, 2015

Fifty-shades of sexiness

I've never read the book or seen the movie.


I know.  Major disappointment.

But I have noticed over these many years of marriage that "doing it" can often look different each time.

You see, there's "just doin' it."

Then, there's "DOIN' IT!"

And, there's "d o o o i n'  i t."

There's even "DOIN'...is that one of the kids at the door?...Shhh...(quietly) doin' it."

This use to bother me to no end.  I had in mind this serious, sensual mood that I thought it should always be.  Maybe I got that from the movies or something.  So, when Beth would be in a goofy mood or take a really long time to get focused (I didn't understand the inherent womanness of this for a long time!) or whatever, I felt betrayed.  That's a big word, but I seriously felt like that!

Over the years, I discovered that each of the shades of sex that we experience are all good because they're part of the journey that Beth and I share in life.  Once I let go of the supposed "way it ought to be' I was able to have fun with 'the way it is' and realize that there are truly many, many shades of sexiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment